When you are finished,
call for an appointment @
Most patients have some type of insurance coverage from Medicare to the federal insurances on base. Although some are better than others, let me explain how we handle insurance coverage and what is best for you to do.
1) TRICARE does not cover our care here. It does cover chiropractic care in other regions, but not at RAFB.
2) The Veteran’s Administration does cover chiropractic care on a limited basis. You have the legal right to get chiropractic care, but you must get diagnosed at their Dublin hospital before they refer you here.
3) Medicare does cover our care on a limited basis and will only pay 80% for spinal adjustments, not exams or therapy, and it only pays for acute care and not maintenance care.
4) Federal insurances vary quite a bit, but most of them do cover our care.
1. Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield #104 & #105 enrollment codes have a $20 co-pay and offer 12 chiropractic adjustments and 75 therapies, which includes massage therapy.
2. Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield #111 & #112 enrollment codes have a $25 co-pay and offer 20 adjustments and 50 therapies.
3. Mailhandlers has a $20 co-pay and offers 26 visits for together for chiropractic and massage therapy.
5) United Healthcare administers the Georgia State health benefit plan for local teachers and has either a deductible or co-pay that allows 20 chiropractic and massage visits per year.
6) All Aetna programs are contracted through ASHN that allows 8 chiropractic visits then a clinical treatment form is submitted for further approval on future visits.
7) If you have any other insurance coverage, our staff will check individually since there are many types with varying coverage.
The DRX9000 spinal decompression is not covered by any insurance. You will be happy to know we offer the DRX at a greatly reduced rate. For example, the manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $200 per treatment, but we offer it for only $65 (plus any other therapies or procedures, of course). The standard DRX program consists of 30 visits and we re-evaluate every 10 visits to gauge your progress. Many patients use the following plan below to pay for this treatment and other non-covered treatments.
Financing with CareCredit®
After dealing with thousands of patients and their insurance coverage over the past thirty years, there are financial problems that may interfere with your care. Certainly as co-pays and deductibles increase and as coverage for treatment decreases, patients often do not get enough care for their condition. As well, paying high deductibles and/or co-pays on each visit can be a burden on patients with limited income who often discontinue care due to these initial high costs.
There is a better and more affordable way to handle the cost of care. Just like you can take out a Student Loan to finance your child’s education to avoid paying huge lump sums for tuition, books, and board each semester, there is an equivalent financing plan to cover your health care costs. Even better than a student loan, this plan is interest free if you qualify and pay it back within 18 months (like any business credit card, the vendor pays the interest fee).
This is why we offer CareCredit®, a healthcare credit card specifically designed to pay for treatments not covered by insurance. CareCredit has two unique features: every CareCredit transaction is eligible for a No Interest (if credit is approved and if paid in full within promotional period up to 18 months) or Low Interest Payment Plan and you can use the card at all healthcare practices that offer CareCredit.
Just like a student loan, you can pay affordable monthly payments so you don’t go broke getting well. You can also use CareCredit for other healthcare costs like dentistry, vision care, veterinarians, audiologist, cosmetic surgery, weight loss, orthotics, and other types of non-covered care that you may need. And you can use it again and again without having to reapply.
We highly recommend this program because we know the first month of care includes exams, x-rays, chiropractic care, massage therapy, and other therapies that are costly. With CareCredit, you can have the best of all worlds—1) the care you need 2) with an affordable monthly payment program 3) that is interest free.
If you use CareCredit, you can still submit your bill to the insurance company to get reimbursed for what they will cover.
You can apply online yourself to determine which program is best for you @ www.carecredit.com. If you are not computer savvy, our staff will be glad to assist you in this application process when you’re in the office.
This is a win-win program that many patients use now.
PS: Please send us your nice family and friends,
just like you! :)